Dalby Hospital Fair
After deciding that the date for the formal re-opening of Jimbour House would be 21 January 1925, Mr. Wilfred Adams Russell offered the Dalby Hospital an opportunity to profit by the event and hold the Dalby Hopsital Fair at Jimbour Station.
A sub-committee was appointed by the Hospital to make the necessary arrangements at the Dalby end, and a Jimbour sub-committee to organise sports. The Jandowae, Jimbour and Dalby branches of the QCWA, and the Dalby Ladies Hospital Committee were all pressed into service.
A special train was organised to run from Dalby to Jimbour and return to Dalby at the conclusion of the festivities. Several buses also ran from Dalby, and over 200 motor cars were parked on the grounds during the afternoon.
On the ridge in the home paddock, a large marquee had been erected for afternoon and evening teas, while another marquee sold ices, fruit salads and lollies. At one time during the afternoon, the demand for food became so great that the stall had to temporarily close to prepare more food.
Amusements and a programme of sports assisted in the success of the fair, which was attended by over 1000 people.
The activities in connection with the hospital ceased at 7pm when all present became the guests of Mr. & Mrs Russell at the Jimbour House Ball.




