Cafe Majestic was the site of many meetings and celebrations in Dalby, and was open for business from 1916 to 1954.
From 1927, Cafe Majestic was run by Mr. Mark Nearhos & Mr. Christy Marneros, both originally from Cyprus.
In 1940, both gentlemen were fined for receiving bread from a bakery on a Sunday, and in 1942 they were forced to close the cafe's kitchen and dining room for the duration of WWII as most staff members had been called up for military service.
During this time, the cafe was converted to a grocery store and became a central meeting point in Dalby.