The first version of St. Joseph's Catholic Church was opened and blessed on 12 August 1866. Construction began in 1865 using local clay for bricks, sourced from the banks of Myall Creek, not far from the site of the church on the corner of Bunya & Jimbour Streets.
On 9 December 1865, a fierce storm struck Dalby, and the triangular front wall, which was still under construction, was blown down. In March 1866, a tender was awarded to demolish what was remaining of the church, and to commence a rebuild. The church was completed and blessed on 12 August 1866.
The second version of the church was a wooden structure opened and blessed on 3 October 1886, but was destroyed by white ants and demolished in 1917.
The current version of St. Joseph's was completed and opened on 4 December 1921, and consecrated on 23 September 1928, which at the time was the only consecrated church in Queensland, and one of only a few consecrated in Australia.
The church was refurbished and blessed on 19 December 1993, and is located on the corner of Bunya and Cunningham Streets, Dalby.