St Columba's Convent School was a Catholic primary school which was opened in 1877 by the Sisters of Mercy to provide Catholic education to the children of Dalby and the surrounding district.
In 1999, the school was demolished following a serious fire, and in 2000, a decision was made to relocate the school from the Bunya Street site and rebuild on the St Mary's College Nicholson Street campus.
In 2006, Bishop Morris gave permission for the unification of St Columba's School and St Mary's College, and in 2008 the combined schools were renamed Our Lady of the Southern Cross College.
The main administration building at St Columba's School had minimal damage from the fire, so it was sold and removed for use as a private residence.
The building is now located near the intersection of the Bunya Highway and Colkerri Drive, Dalby.