Pleasant Park State School opened 31 January 1939 and closed in 1945. The school was located on land donated by Mr. A. A. Johns from "Mt. Pleasant", eight miles from Dalby on the Irvingdale Road.
The Pleasant Park State School site was located adjacent to "Mt. Pleasant & "Dunmore Park", and as a school named Mt. Pleasant was already in existence, Pleasant Park became the name of the new school. The school opened with an enrolment of 12 students. and Mr. H. Gray as Principal.
The school building had been relocated from the former Lillingstone State School site to the Pleasant Park site in 1938, and after Pleasant Park State School closed in 1945, the building was relocated to the nearby Edgefield State School site.