The Holy Cross Convent School was a Catholic primary school in Miles established by the Sisters of St. Joseph, and was opened and blessed on 7 February 1926 by Archbishop Duhig. The school closed on 15 December 1989.
The Holy Cross School, Convent and Church occupied an elevated level block of 2.5 acres on the northern side of the town. The Church had been moved from a former site to its position close to the school, and the three buildings were all blessed on the same day.