The first School of Arts building in Dalby was located in Drayton Street, and was opened by Alderman Gayler on 8 July 1864, and destroyed by fire 8 May 1899.
In 1900, tenders were submitted to erect a new School of Arts building on the corner of Cunningham & Stuart Streets. The new School of Arts building was two-storey with a large public hall downstairs, while the upper floor contained an office, circulating library, reading room, Bell library, billiard room with 2 full-sized tables, and balconies.
This building was also destroyed by fire on 22 August 1930.