The Dalby Fire Station was designed by Toowoomba architect Matthew Williamson and officially opened on Saturday 16 November 1935 by the Home Secretary Ned Hanlon. It and its associated structures occupied a 2,023 square metre allotment on New Street, backing onto Starlings Lane. The 1935 brick fire station replaced a timber structure built in 1920.
By 1949, it was evident that a larger station was required at Dalby to house a new fire engine. Funding was acquired in stages over the next few years from both government and private sources.
An extension to the fire station was built in 1953. It included a third engine bay and workshop on the ground floor and a recreation area on the first floor.
The Dalby Fire Brigade continued to upgrade its equipment throughout the 1950s and 1960s. Further extensions along the rear of the building were undertaken in 1976.
The Dalby Fire Station was listed on the Queensland Heritage Register on 8 October 2010.