The Dalby Herald office was originally located within a group of wooden buildings in Cunningham Street.
In 1915, a serious fire destroyed eleven businesses opposite the Dalby Herald office, with the office being saved by the concerted efforts of a bucket brigade pouring water over the shop front.
The Dalby Herald began weekly publication on 21 September 1865 and provided weekly print news to the people of Dalby and surrounds. In 1924, the Dalby Herald took over its rival newspaper, the Dalby Leader. In June 2020, the newspaper paper ceased print editions and became an online-only publication.